Frequently Asked Questions
Shopping local has never been easier or more convenient ™
- What Is Farm Store?
Farm Store is a direct Farm-To-Consumer (FTC) online market. It’s a convenient way to order local Maine foods from your phone or desktop.
- Who Sells Products on Farm Store?
Farm Store hosts local Maine farmers & other food producers that currently sell at farmers markets.
- How Do You Start Ordering?
Click “Shop” at the top OR bottom of every page to get started.
- Click on “SHOP”
Browse through the products, select the items you want to purchase and pick them up at your marketplace.
- “SHOP” Page:
The are several ways to shop on Farm Store.
1) Use the MAP to find “products” or “vendors” in your area.
2) Select “Categories”
3) “Individual products”
4) “Search” to discover products on our site.
- Add To Cart:
Add products to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Shop as a guest or set up a free customer account with Farm Store.
- Place Your Order
You will receive an email notification of your purchase.
- Order Pick Up:
Pick up your order at the Farmers Market listed in email.
- First – Try FS for Free!
- Second – Use our Step-by-Step Guide to get started.
- Third – Farm Store is here to help every step of the way. If you have questions, we have answers.
- You must be a current, verified vendor of a recognized Maine farmers’ market in order to sell on Farm Store.
- You must provide us with State of Maine licensing certificates and proof of insurance.
- Click on “Login” at the top of page.
- Select “I am a vendor” and fill out the required fields.
- Once you fill out the fields, check “I accept Terms & Conditions” and the application is complete. You’ll hear from us in less than 24 hours.
- Once approved, log into your account and see your Vendor dashboard. This is where you will create and manage your “virtual store”.
Please consult your tax advisor as to where your products fall within the Maine Tax Code. Our system allow for 8%, 5.5% and Tax Exempt selling.
Farm Store currently FREE to use.
Only C.O.D. market pickup is available.
In 2023 Farm Store will add online credit card processing services. Sellers will then be responsible for credit card processing fees and Farm Store 5% processing fee.
- Click on “SHOP”
Start browsing through the various categories, products and vendor listings by clicking on “SHOP” or “VENDORS” at the top OR bottom of each page.
Farm Store is looking for new vendors to set up free stores and have customers order online.
Please contact your favorite vendor and suggest signing up. OR contact us and we’ll reach out to them.